Thursday, August 11, 2011

What happened today.......

"Dilli Bus Seva Me Aapka Swagat Hai" (Welcome to Delhi Bus Service) greeted me as I entered into the 469 bus-route from Kalkaji. My college had just got over and I was desperate to reach home. The swanky new bus did attract me, which normally is splashed in orange color. GPS system and much more technological features on this bus made me really proud of my city, until what followed next. The rain had already waterlogged the streets and a massive jam made my blood boil. What i noticed was that the driver was driving the bus in a disciplined manner, on a particular lane, following almost all traffic rules (well 100% is impossible in India).
New Cluster Bus In Delhi
I still had not got any seat so i hung up to the pole. My eyes dried up gazing at the scenery that passed by. Then all of a  sudden.
THUG!!
I looked around to see if the bus had rammed into something or was it an another casualty. The driver was seemingly perfect in his approach. Then,
THUG!!
THUG!!
 I looked to my left. And then I Then I realized.
A huge army of government school students(boys) were chasing our bus in order to aboard it. The driver was in no mood to open the automatic doors as he was quiet aware that they were not going to pay anything and would rather crowd the bus.The boys did not give up either, taking the long traffic jam as an opportunity they chased the bus like wild dogs as if this was the last bus from this side of the earth.
They gathered like hounds to the left side of the buses,gave it a look, and started pushing the doors inwards. I thought the world was coming to an end, then why would they be so desperate?
They were also united. Mighty hands with determination were exerting pressure on the glass doors.
The conductor started shouting at them. But who was to hear him anyways? What followed was kicking the doors. All about 6 boys were doing this simultaneously to make it wide open.What followed next was interesting.
A gentleman(actually he was in his 20s) with his back pack suddenly plunged into a reflexive mode & started opposing their nuisance single-handedly by pressing the doors outwards.
The boys were surprised as if who in this planet could have given them a counter-challenge. They started hurling pure abuses at him although he was not going to relent. the bus had started moving and around 20 students were hung to each other and eventually one to the bus. The leader  of the pack said "Jaanta hai mera baap kaun hai?" (Well, you know you are in Delhi when you hear this.).To be continued.....
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.

No comments:

Post a Comment